The 2012 PGA Tour season has officially come to a close and fans will have to wait until January to watch their favorite players tee it up in January. Unfortunately many of the big names don’t surface until well in to February on the West Coast Swing portion of the season. The 2012 season saw many new fresh young faces on Tour who showed what they were made of. The rookie class of 2012 had a few winners, as well as a player who made it all the way to the Tour Championship presented by Coca-Cola.
In the coming weeks both the Rookie of the Year award as well as the PGA Tour Player of the Year will be awarded. Wit taking home four Tour victories, which included a major and two Playoff events, along with winning the PGA Tour money title, it would be pretty hard to see anybody besides Rory McIlroy taking home the 2012 POY. The question that doesn’t seem as straightforward is, who deserves to be this season’s Rookie of the Year?
There are a number of viable candidates, which include three tournament winners. Here’s how the ROY candidates stack up:
- Charlie Beljan – Won at Disney last week. 3 top 10s. 63rd on official money list.
- Jonas Blixt – Won Frys.com. 71st in FedEx Cup standings. Led all rookies with in scoring average.
- Bud Cauley – No wins. 6 top 10s (most by any rookie). 38th in FedEx Cup standings.
- John Huh – Won at Mayakoba. Only rookie to qualify for TOUR Championship. 29th in FedEx Cup standings. 4 top 10s
- Ted Potter Jr. – Won Greenbrier Classic. 62nd on official money list
Who do you think will win this year’s Rookie of the Year? Also, be sure to check out Sportsbetting.ag for all of the lines for the upcoming majors in 2013.